So these are pretty popular in japan nowadays. They’re these sandwiches made with a sweet japanese milk bread that are filled with whipped cream and strawberries.
When I first saw a picture, I assumed they were just using some cake as the “bread” and was like, oh man, it’s a cake shaped like a sandwich.
But no. It’s a sandwich.
I was a little weirded out at first, but then I was like, “fuck it lets make this shit”.
So I spent all day on the bread, and just whipped up the cream and cut the strawberries minutes ago and took my first bite of this simple but weird creation.
Lord all-fucking-mighty that was good.
10/10 would foodgasm over again.
Try this recipe, you won’t regret it.
Ichigo Cream Sandwich
- 3 Slices Japanese Milk Bread (click for recipe)
- approximately 1 1/2 cups whipped cream (click for recipe)
- 3 Large strawberries sliced sort of thinly
- Make the Japanese Milk Bread by following this recipe
- Once the bread is cooled off, start to cut about 3 slices.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices and then cut them diagonally.
- Now for the whipped cream. Make that shit by following this recipe.
- Once that’s done, slice up your strawberries (slice more if you want) and prep them for placing onto the sandwiches.
- Cover both triangle bread slices with whipped cream, then put strawberry slices on one of the creamed up triangles, then top it with the other whipped cream’d bread triangle and bam. Strawberry and Cream Sandwich.
- You can like add other fruits if you want, or make it into a weird psuedo cake by covering it in chocolate sauce or something.
AND BAM. RECIPE DONE. Are you proud? You should be. Unless you didn’t make your own bread and you (GOD FUCKING FORBID) used canned/premade whipped cream.
I can accept not using home made bread, since it does take forever, but lord almighty if you don’t use your own home made whipped cream and you use that gross chemical stuff instead i will eND YOU.
ahem. now that we’re all calm, enjoy your weird but hella good sandwich, yo. Enjoy that shit.
Who else wants to run late to school with a piece of delicious fucking toast sticking out of their mouth? I know I sure do. But I don’t want just any toast. No, I want to make some home made shit, you know, the stuff that makes your kitchen smell delicious as fuck for like hours.
We’re gonna make bread, and then we’re gonna make toast out of that bread, so throw away your pre-sliced Wonder Bread trash and get out your cooking tools mother fucker, we gon’ make some anime food.
Japanese Milk Bread (aka Anime Toast, yo)
(serving: eat the loaf just eat the entire fucking loaf you piece of shit)
adapted from: x
Ingredients for bread-
- 2 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup of tangzhong*
*tangzhong is a roux made of water (1/2 cup) and flour (2 1/2 Tbsp) that will make the bread softer than your Maki Natsuo body pillow (you have one don’t even lie to me)
- First, make the tangzhong. Blend flour and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium while stirring with a whisk. Once the mixture is thick enough to to look like really thick vanilla pudding, take that shit off the heat and let it cool down.
- Combine the egg, butter, milk and tangzhong in one bowl, and combine the bread flour, sugar, salt, in another bowl.
- pour the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients and combine them until it’s a lump of sticky dough.
- place flour all over your hands and the counter and knead the bread for about 30 minutes. While kneading, think of various headcanons for your favorite Love Lab! characters. Maki x Riko might not be canon IRL, but it can still be canon in your heart, friend.
- Take a large bowl and place the kneaded dough in it. Cover the entire thing with a big towel and let the dough rise for about an hour in a warm location.
- When the dough is ready, divide it into four pieces. Flatten each piece into ovals with a rolling pin (use a little bit of flour if it starts to stick to the pin).
- Fold the long edges of the oval pieces inward in thirds. Flip over and flatten with the rolling pin again. Then flip it over once more.
- Roll the pieces up like lil sleeping bags and place the lil rolls side by side in a regular bread loaf pan. Let the dough rest for 30 more minutes so it can rise more. During this time, preheat the oven to 335 F.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes, and then allow it to cool for AT LEAST 5 minutes before doing shit to it.
- Remove the loaf from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
Procedure for making some delicious fucking toast out of your home made anime bread-
- Cut a slice of the bread
- toast that shit in a toaster till it’s brown
- put whatever shit you want on top of it
- be late to school
- place toast in mouth
- run like an adorable anime girl
AND NOW YOU ARE OFFICIALLY READY TO BE LATE TO SCHOOL THE ANIME WAY.
Have fun doing your thang, nerds.
“By the way, what did Agamemnon say? Thetis makes sure I ain’t missing no meals. Come through and fuck ‘em in my hut. Let the Embassy eat it with a full meal. He keep telling me to chill. Patroclus keep telling me it’s real, that he love my sex appeal because he don’t like ‘em boney, he want a hero he can grab. So I pulled up in the Horse, and I hit Hector with the jab like… Dun-d-d-dun-dun-d-d-dun-dun”